Qatar is a thriving country that boasts of a vibrant lifestyle, a diverse population, and a strong economy. Every year, the country welcomes thousands of people of different nationalities due to the many job opportunities and high quality of life that it offers.
In Qatar, there are several ways to find a property for rent: a housing agency, online, or through a real estate agent. For such an important transaction, we highly recommend working with a knowledgeable, professional, and reputable real estate team like us at The Pearl Gates Luxury Realty. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about the houses or apartments for rent in Qatar.
As for now, here’s an overview of the rental properties and the rental process in Qatar.
You’ll find an array of properties that are available for rent in Qatar. Furnished or not, these properties are highly sought-after. Unfurnished properties are common, but they come without any furniture, except for lighting fixtures, and curtain rails.
Furnished properties are not hard to find either. They may be costlier, but they are already come with amenities such as furniture, lighting fixtures, curtains, and other essential electric appliances.
Semi-furnished properties are available as well. They typically come with lighting fixtures, curtain rails, and kitchen appliances only.
Apartments are the most common property type that expats and non-Qataris rent. Qatar offers an abundance of luxury and budget-friendly apartments throughout the area, from single-room studio apartments to those with multiple bedrooms.
Luxury apartments can be found in The Pearl, West Bay, West Bay Lagoon, Al Waab, and Lusail. These apartments offer luxury living at its finest, with high-end amenities and stunning views of the surrounding area. Budget-friendly apartments are also available in several areas in Qatar.,
Qatar also has serviced apartments for rent. These properties offer hotel-like amenities such as housekeeping, room service, and concierge services.
Compounds are perfect for those who are living in Qatar with their families. As one of the most sought-after properties by expats or non-Qataris, compounds are known for their accessibility, spaciousness, and proximity to malls and establishments.
The majority of villas for rent are located in a compound. Those who live there share amenities like swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds, and gymnasiums.
Unlike villas located within compounds, standalone villas in Qatar are lone structures in individual lots. From sea-facing villas in The Pearl to Arabic-style villas in Al Gharaffa, these luxurious properties are impressive, spacious, and secluded.
Signing a rental agreement
Rental contracts are usually signed by you (the tenant) and the landlord. Your employer can also sign on your behalf. Rental agreements should contain:
- The rental fee
- The method of payment Post Dated Cheques or Wire Transfer
- The deposit terms
- The duration of the contract
- The notice periods and related conditions
- The liabilities of the landlord and the limitations of the tenant
Most rental leases or contracts are written in English and Arabic. In the event of a legal dispute, the Arabic contract is recognized as the only binding document.
When it comes to paying for your rent, expect to pay one year’s worth of rent in advance. As a tenant, you are required to provide post-dated cheques for the whole year.
Requirements for renting property
If you are an individual looking to rent a piece of property in Qatar, you are required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your QID (Qatar ID)
- A copy of your passport
- Employment Certificate
- Personal Post Dated Cheques
Companies may also lease properties to their employees. For a corporate lease, the following is required:
- A copy of the company’s Commercial Registration (CR)
- A copy of the company’s computer card
- A copy of the QID of the authorized signatory
- A copy of the QID or passport of the tenant
- Company Post Dated Cheques or Wire Transfer
- Location should be your number one priority when looking for the right rental property. Where you live should be conveniently located to where you and your spouse work and to the school of your kids (if applicable). While Qatar’s traffic situation has improved significantly, you still don’t want to get stuck in a traffic jam.
- Make sure the rental suits your needs. These include the size of the place and the amenities it offers.
- Read each rental agreement carefully and thoroughly once you’ve narrowed down your list of rental options. Take note of contracts that include maintenance and parking in their rental fee – these are the stipulations that you want to go for. Find out the final rental cost and the extra costs as well.
To rent some of the finest luxury properties in Qatar, contact The Pearl Gates Luxury Realty today. We are ready to serve you. Call (+974) 5000 3211 or email info(at)thepearlgates(dotted)com. You can also leave a message here.